"Paintings from a natural frame of mind"

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Musical Sounds of the Stream

20x30 oil on linen canvas
This painting was done using a small study I did this summer while camping in Lamoille Canyon here in Nevada. I stood on the rocks in the stream one evening and thought about how the sounds of the stream were music to my ears, the kind of music that takes you away from all of the things going on in life and you just relax into the moment.

Hope you enjoy this painting, it was a pleasure for me to paint despite the challenges of going from the small study to the larger version.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful. I would like to hear the roaring of a waterfall to drown out the stress right now :)

R Yvonne Colclasure said...

This turned out nice. I hope you are happy with it.

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Michell. If I can help you out somehow let me know....I do know where there is a small waterfall for now.

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Yvonne, I am happy with this painting. A whole lot of fuss to finally be satisfied.

Susie Galvin said...

This turned out wonderful..The stream looks crisp and clear.. LOve the naming of the paintings. You are so creative.. Another A +....

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Susie!!! Naming the art work isn't always an easy thing for me, but for this one it just fit. I try to think of the title as I'm painting, the scene, the day, how did I feel that day, etc...