"Paintings from a natural frame of mind"

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Snake River

20x24 Oil on Linen panel




Happy Thanksgiving!

The Snake River runs through the Northwest and while we were on vacation this fall I never tired of watching it's meandering magic. When I started this painting I knew exactly what I wanted to achieve and I wasn't going to stop until I got there.  Does this painting just pull you in and make you  want to walk along the banks to find out where it goes?  If it does then I've achieved what I wanted.
Enjoy your holiday and give thanks for your blessings.
Kathryn











3 comments:

Susie Galvin said...

Another excellent "work of art".. Am always amazed with your water and trees. I really like this painting. Great talent. Happy Thanksgiving to you too...s

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Susie!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Michelle said...

It makes me want to grab my camera caprture the glassiness of the water and the reflection in the water, and then I want to JUMP in he water to make some ripples!