"Paintings from a natural frame of mind"

Monday, February 14, 2011

"A Piece of the Rubies" plein air study

8x6 oil on panel

Finally a day warm enough to paint outside for a couple of hours!
I didn't venture far and the breeze did try to kick up a little but it felt too good to be out of the studio. I did however get off without my camera for reference photo's to use later. This was actually good for me and made me even more determined to be sure to get the important elements for this little study. 


 Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I like how you just took a piece of this beautiful mtn range and studied the various peaks and valleys.

Susie Galvin said...

Kathryn. This painting is another beautiful view of the Canyon.. Should we go skiing or painting there?? Your dedication to painting is an inspiration... You keep me going... Thanks...

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Michelle, it's TOO overwhelming to capture it All!
I'm trying to climb one peak at a time.

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Susie. We should do BOTH! skiing and painting.Painting consumes me most of the time....glad it rubs off to some of my friends.