"Paintings from a natural frame of mind"

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Roses

16x20 Oil on Linen
In a classy frame
Work in Progress
This was certainly a good time consuming painting for me. Roses are difficult to paint and White no less! I've been wanting to paint the blue glass vase for sometime now and with the white roses I thought they made the perfect pair. I feel the painting is a success despite my struggles that I won't elaborate on. Struggling is one of the best learning tools that I have, in my frustration I push myself harder to figure it out.

Thank you so much for your visit!  Snow is suppose to be on the way tomorrow finally! I've literally been depressed that we haven't had our share of it yet this year.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful!!! I love the blue vase and the contrast of the white roses.

Kathryn Grider said...

Thank you Michelle! the blue vase is my favorite part of the painting.

Susie Galvin said...

Now that I've had a chance to study "January Roses" I find it remarkable. Colors are just right.. The blue vase was worth waiting to paint.. Once again, a winner!!.